With only one knockout and three finishes overall, UFC 136 made things pretty easy for the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Following Saturday’s event the commission today issued their medical suspensions to just five fighters. The longest by 60 days handed down to Gray Maynard who suffered the night’s only knockout (technical) in the main event.
Maynard’s opponent and UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar was also give a suspension of 45 days for his 4th round TKO victory. In defeating Maynard, Edgar avenged his only two blemishes (Lose & Draw) on his nearly perfect record.
UFC 136 took place this past Saturday at Houston’s Toyota Center. The night’s main card aired on pay-per-view, and prelims aired on Spike TV and streamed on Facebook.
The list of medical suspensions included:
- Frankie Edgar: Suspended until Nov. 23
- Gray Maynard: Suspended until Dec. 8
- Leonard Garcia: Suspended until Nov. 23
- Eric Schafer: Suspended until Nov. 8
- Mike Massenzio: Suspended until Nov. 23
- UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou Medical Report
- Medical Report for UFC 133: Evans vs. Ortiz
- The UFC 135 Medical Report Includes 12 Fighters
- Edgar ready for title shot but needs to wait
- UFC 136 Fight Bonuses
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.