Saturday’s UFC 135 from Denver, Colorado saw 20 fighters put it all on the line to enter the Octagon. Today the Colorado Office of Boxing* issued its medical suspensions for UFC 135 that included the light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, along with 11 others.
The biggest suspension of the night goes to Aaron Riley, who had his fight stopped between rounds due to a possible broken jaw. Potentially it could be the second time Riley has had his jaw broken in a fight and the injury landed him a 180 days suspension or 90 days with a physician’s clearance.
Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and James Te Huna both won their respected bouts, but both face a potential 180-day suspension which can be lowered with physician’s clearance.
Here is the full UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage medical report:
Jon Jones defeated Quinton Jackson by 4th round Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Jon Jones – suspended 180 days or 45 days with physician’s clearance
- Quinton Jackson – suspended 60 days, no contact 45 days
Josh Koscheck defeated Matt Hughes by 1st rd KO
- Matt Hughes – suspended 45 days, no contact 30 days
Mark Hunt defeated Ben Rothwell by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
- Mark Hunt – suspended 45 days, no contact 30 days
- Ben Rothwell – suspended 60 days, no contact 45 days
Travis Browne defeatedRob Broughton by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Nate Diazdefeated Takanori Gomi by 1st rd. Submission (Armbar)
- Takanori Gomi – suspended 30 days
Anthony Ferguson defeated Aaron Riley by 1st rd. TKO (Broken Jaw)
- Aaron Riley – suspended 180 days, 90 days with physician’s clearance
Tim Boetsch defeated Nick Ringby Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Nick Ring – suspended 30 days
Junior Assuncao defeated Eddie Yagin by Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Eddie Yagin – suspended 30 days
Takeya Mizugaki defeated Cole Escovedo by 2nd rd. TKO
- Cole Escovedo – suspended 45 days, 30 days no contact
James Te Huna defeated Ricardo Romeroby 1st rd. KO
- James Te Huna – suspended 180 days for injuries or 30 day suspension with physician’s clearance.
- Ricardo Romero – suspended 60 days, 45 days no contact
(*) Colorado does not release salaries or drug test results
- UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou Medical Report
- The UFC Rio Medical Report
- Medical Report for UFC 133: Evans vs. Ortiz
- UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage Results
- UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage Predictions
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.