Each coming off loses; Tim Credeur and Brad Tavares will face off at UFC 137 this October 29th inLas Vegas. The middleweights were added to the card which will be headlined by a welterweight title fight between Georges St. Pierre and the former Strikeforce champion, Nick Diaz.
Credeur (12-4 MMA, 3-2 UFC) is coming off back to back defeats for the first time in his career against Nate Quarry and Ed Herman. After a lengthy 19 month layoff due to injuries, Credeur looked rusty against Herman and paid the price with a brutal first round TKO just 48 seconds in the fight.
Tavares (7-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) went into his last bout as a late replacement against Aaron Simpson. Undefeated entered the fight, Tavares was controlled by Simpson for all three rounds en route to a unanimous decision defeat. Coming out of the 11th season of the Ultimate Fighter, Tavares holds UFC victories over Phil Baroni and Seth Baczynski.
With a deep middleweight division under the ZUFFA banner, both fighters come into their UFC 137 bout needing a win.
- Ed Herman Returns from Long Absence with a BANG!
- Tim Credeur vs Ed Herman targeted for The Ultimate Fighter Finale 13
- Rioting in the streets – An Interview with Tim Credeur
- Brad Tavares to Face Aaron Simpson at UFC 132
- Bart Palaszewski to drop to Featherweight and face Tyson Griffin at UFC 137
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMAValor.com