Its getting close to that time, the leaves have been falling and the temperatures a dropping, the end of the year approaches. As you come down from your Halloween sugar high, November offers up seven Mixed Martial Arts events to watch.
Within these seven events lies five most see fights, including two title fights and three potential number one contender bouts.
Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (UFC on FOX)
- Returning to action after nearly 13 months due to rotator cuff surgery, heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez makes his first title defense against Junior Dos Santos. Velasquez defeated Brock Lesnar to win the title, while Dos Santos is coming off a win against Shane Carwin. These two powerhouses will anchor the promotions first card on FOX that will usher in the mega network deal starting 2012.
Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler (Bellator 58)
- Title fights are few are far between for Bellator so when they happen it’s a big thing. Bellator poster boy Eddie Alvarez makes his second title defense against the explosive wrestler Michael Chandler. The champ is coming of a hard-fought unanimous decision victory in his first title defense against Pat Curran and is riding a seven fight-winning streak. The undefeated Chandler has a strong wrestling background and defeated Patricky Freire to win the season four lightweight tournament.
Ben Henderson vs. Clay Guida (UFC on FOX)
- Unless a certain Strikeforce fighter leapfrogs them, this lightweight showdown will likely determine the next contender to Frankie Edgar’s belt. Henderson is the former WEC lightweight champion was has impressed since coming over to the UFC. The fan favorite and resident energizer bunny, Clay Guida has won four in a row and is never in a dull fight. Sit back, buckle up and enjoy the show!
Dan Henderson vs. Shogun Rua (UFC 139)
- As the UFC 139 poster says, “Two light heavyweight legends collide for the first time.” Henderson is returning to the UFC after moving over to Strikeforce where he captured the light heavyweight belt and defeated Fedor. Following losing his UFC title to Jon Jones, Shogun Rua avenged his loss to Forrest Griffin at UFC 134 with a first round TKO. Both are looking for a title fight ASAP and the winners could find themselves facing the winner of Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida.
Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles (UFC 139)
- Two former champions squaring off looking to get another shot a Dominick Cruz and his bantamweight title. Faber is coming off a loss to Cruz at UFC 132 but their hard-fought battle just even their record at one win apiece. Bowles lost his WEC bantamweight belt to Cruz after he was unable to continue in the fight due to a broken hand. After a year off Bowles returned with two solid wins in a row since his lone defeat.
Honorable mention: Douglas Lima vs. Ben Saunders (Bellator 57), Martin Kampmann vs. Rick Story (UFC 139)
- WEC 47 Predictions
- UFC 102 Predictions
- Ultimate Fight Night 19 Predictions
- Bellator’s Season Four Semifinals are Set
- Bellator 39 Fight Card and Predictions
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.