Mitch Clarke and Anton Kuivanen are set to meet at UFC 149, UFC officials announced on Friday. The card takes place July 21 from the Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The headliner for the event will be UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, though no opponent for "Scarface" has been announced yet. Clarke-Kuivanen is likely slated for the prelims.
Clarke (9-1) is a native of Canada, as he was born in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. He lost his UFC debut to John Cholish last December in Toronto, as Cholish earned a second round TKO.
Kuivanen (16-5) is also coming off a loss in his UFC debut, as the Finland-born fighter was defeated by Justin Salas. Prior to the Salas fight, Kuivanen had won nine consecutive.
- UFC Announces Agreement To Broadcast Programming In India
- Reminder: "UFC Primetime: UFC 145" Airs This Evening On FX
- Georges St-Pierre To Compete In 2012 World Series Of Poker
- Mitch Clarke-Anton Kuivanen Set For "UFC 149"
- Dana White Says Junior Dos Santos Will Defend UFC Title At "UFC 146"
- Video: Jon Jones Stars In "Everyone's A Fighter"
- Alistair Overeem's T/E Ratio Confirmed At 14-To-1
- "Bellator 64" Weigh-In Results: Fighters Hit The Scale For Friday Night Card
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida Selected As Winner Of UFC Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown Challenge
- Video: Rashad Evans Breaks Down Jon Jones' Victory Over "Rampage" Jackson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.