Mirko Cro Cop earned a decision victory over Randy Blake in the main event of K-1 World Grand Prix 2012 in Tokyo Final 16 over the weekend. CroCop decided to re-enter kickboxing after leaving the UFC following a loss to Roy Nelson.
Cro Cop survived a shot by Blake while not protecting himself in the third. He is now 3-0 since returning to the sport earlier this year.
Next up for Cro Cop will be Catalin Morosanu in the quarterfinals. Morosanu defeated Paul Slowinski. Other fighters in the quarters include Ben Edwards, Jarrell Miller, Zabit Samedov, Hesdy Gerges, Ismael Londt and Makoto Uehara.
The quarterfinals will go down December 26 from Madison Square Garden in New York at the K-1 World Grand Prix 2012 Final.
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.