When Mike Swick (15-4) and Matt Brown (15-11) square off this weekend, the whole 15 minutes might not be needed. Swick is looking for a quick punching war when he takes on Brown.
"I honestly think that we're going to clash, and it's going to be over fairly quick," said Swick on MMA Junkie Radio. "I just can't imagine that we would punch each other in the face for three solid rounds without anything happening."
After several injuries, Swick made his return after a two year absence with a win over the summer. He took home "Knockout of the Night" honors for his second round KO of DaMarques Johnson at UFC On FOX 4. Brown has won his last three fights, all taking place this year.
If the fight does go past the half-way mark, Swick says he'll be ready to go the distance if needed.
"If it goes to the later rounds, which I'm prepared for considering he is a tough guy and likes to get in those long fights, I should be more than ready to keep a fast and explosive pace for those three rounds," said Swick.
Swick vs. Brown will be the first fight on the main card for UFC on FOX 5. The show takes place this Saturday, December 8 at the KeyArena in Seattle. The main card starts at 8 p.m. Eastern Time. As always, FightLine.com will be providing live coverage of the event this Saturday.
- Renan Barao-Michael McDonald On Tap For 2013
- Emotional Dominick Cruz Discusses His Latest Knee Injury
- Randy Couture Responds To Steven Seagal's Fight Request
- Bellator 82 Ratings Are In
- Tyson Griffin Glad With His Decision To Leave Xtreme Couture For AKA
- Bjorn Rebney Details New Championship Rematch Stipulation
- Video: Dana White Returns With Blog Featuring Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.