When most fighters face Josh Neer, the last thing they should expect is a quick or easy night. Mike Pyle is taking on The Dentist this Friday night and he knows he's in for a war -- but he wouldn't have it any other way.
"Well, first of all, I have to give the guy a lot of respect in his experience and how tough and gritty he is," said Pyle in a recent interview done for UFC.com. "He always comes to fight. He always comes to give a good show. I think he's quite insulted if a punch misses him in a fight. He's probably one of the more hard-nosed guys out there right now - he's tough. He wants to fight. He wants to be in your face all night and I think that's a good fighting challenge for me in how to work with his aggression. He's very aggressive.
"I'm looking for a good three round war with the guy. Not many people have put him away, so I don't have that in my head that I'm going to dispose of him like I did with Ricardo Funch. That's very unlikely to happen to Neer because of his experience, how tough he is, and how he can take a punch. I'm looking forward to that challenge of what type of fight he's going to want to make it into and I think it will bring out the best in me."
Pyle and Neer will be squaring off at UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall 2 this Friday at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida.
- New Main Event Announced For UFC On FOX
- Ian McCall Talks Training And Upcoming Rematch With Demetrious Johnson
- Mark Munoz Remains Diplomatic In Pick For Silva Vs Sonnen II
- Fabricio Werdum Feeling Confident Ahead Of Bout With Mike Russow
- Brian Stann Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 4 Main Event
- Dana White Breaks Down Pacquiao-Bradley
- Nate Marquardt Says He's Off Of TRT
- Brian Stann Guarantees Violence Against Hector Lombard
- Rory MacDonald Talks "Exciting" Prospect Of Facing B.J. Penn
- Mike Pyle On His Impending War With Josh Neer
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.