Mike Brown's (26-8) future as an active fighter remains unclear as he recovers from his second neck fusion surgery. As he heals, he has taken the title of fulltime assistant coach at American Top Team (ATT).
ATT released the following statement on his status: "He will see how his rehab goes and take it one day at a time. He hasn't ruled out fighting in the future."
Brown underwent surgery earlier this month on his neck.
He is currently on a two fight win streak after winning in May of this year. Following the win, he signed a new contract with the UFC for five more fights.
A timeframe for his possible return is not known.
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline