Former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate will compete on the same card as the female who claimed the belt from her, as Tate returns to action August 18 against Julie Kedzie.
The fight, which is expected to be part of the main card, will take place at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. In the main event, Ronda Rousey is set to defend her title against Sarah Kaufman.
Tate (12-3) suffered a submission defeat to Rousey earlier this year. She has been recovering from the damage done by the former Olympian.
Kedzie (16-9) lost to Alexis Davis in her one Strikeforce appearance since joining the promotion. An injury kept her out of a planned September card from last year.
- Days Before Fight With Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen Goes Off On Belfort, Wanderlei
- Nick Diaz Fined $79,500 From His UFC 143 Purse
- Dana White Confirms Silva-Sonnen II Almost Didn't Happen
- Miesha Tate Returning August 18 Against Julie Kedzie
- Video: UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II By The Numbers
- Tito Ortiz Is Leaving Fighting, Not MMA, After "UFC 148"
- Urijah Faber On Chael Sonnen: "This Sport Needs Guys Like Chael Sonnen"
- Charges Dropped Against UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste
- Chael Sonnen Sounds Off On Radio Host, Hangs Up
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.