Michael McDonald swarmed a more experience Miguel Torres with a huge knockout victory, proving to be one of the most promising bantamweights in the UFC. He made his statement with a series of uppercuts that downed the former WEC champion at 3:18 in the first round.
"I was paying attention to his range and trying to make sure he didn't get off that jab which he did a couple times. I was really trying to get inside and use my power and accuracy," explained "Mayhem".
The second youngest fighter in the UFC, McDonald has continued to impressive with well-timed aggression and serious strength. He pressured Torres the entire first round, backing up the East Chicago Native who hasn't quite rebounded after a loss to Brian Bowles at WEC 42.
The win moves McDonald to 4-0 inside the Octagon and 15-1 overall while his opponent drops to 40-5. An elated McDonald could not be happier with the finish.
"I just remember thinking 'oh my gosh he's out, keep going, I want knockout of the night.' It's pretty much all instinct," commented McDonald.
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighters Marcus Brimage, Maximo Blanco Have Tumble-Off
- Junior Dos Santos Gives Jon Jones Props For His Victory Over Rashad Evans
- Cain Velasquez-Antonio Silva New Fight For "UFC 146"
- Brock Lesnar's Decision To Return To WWE Fine With UFC Boss
- Change In Opponent Hasn't Changed Junior Dos Santos' Plans: KO Finish
- Dana White: Overeem's Future With UFC Up In The Air
- Video: UFC 145 Highlights - Jones Vs. Evans, MacDonald Vs. Mills
- Dana White Says BJ Penn Still Wants To Fight
- Rashad Evans Has No Plans To Drop To Middleweight
- Jon Jones Excited To Face Dan Henderson Next
- Video: Knockout Of The Night - Rothwell Vs. Schaub
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Gate And Attendance
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fight Night Bonuses
- Jon Jones Grinds Out Victory To Secure Belt Over Rashad Evans
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 145: Jon Jones Vs. Rashad Evans
- Rory MacDonald Runs Through Che Mills
- UFC 145: Rory MacDonald Vs. Che Mills
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.