Middleweight Michael Kuiper has been moved off the UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping event after Caio Magalhaes dropped out with an injury. Kuiper now faces Buddy Roberts at UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson.
The bout will likely be part of the prelims on January 26 from Chicago. Roberts joins Jackson MMA teammates John Dodson and Clay Guida on the card.
Kuiper (12-1) earned his first UFC victory earlier this year, stopping Jared Hamman. He suffered his first career loss inside the Octagon this past February against Rafael Natal.
Kuiper was originally scheduled to face Thiago Perpetuo at the January 19 card from Brazil, but Perpetuo was also removed after an injury.
Roberts (12-3) is coming off a loss to former UFC middleweight contender Yushin Okami. The defeat snapped a six-fight win streak that included a decision win over Magalhaes earlier this year.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.