Bisping tweeted, "Slash!! Head butt from yesterday's training, 6 stitches, no big deal, still 8 weeks out."
The news of Bisping's cut left those wondering if the trend of fighters pulling out of upcoming fights would continue. In the last 10 days, Josh Koscheck (17-6) and Rory MacDonald (13-11) were forced to pullout due to injury.
Bisping is coming off a No. 1 contender middleweight championship loss against Chael Sonnen (27-12-1) and Stann from a KO victory against Alessio Sakara (15-9-1 NC). Prior to the fight with Sakara, Stann also lost to Sonnen.
Bisping vs. Stann is set for September 22 in Toronto, with the winner possibly next to challenge Anderson Silva (32-4) for his middleweight championship.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline