Michael Bisping isn't afraid to say he believes that his resume stacks up against anyone else in the UFC's middleweight division. "The Count" will have an opportunity to possible become the top contender in the division with a win over Vitor Belfort in January.
The two will meet in Brazil at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping. The Brit appeared on Inside MMA Monday and discussed his standing in the division.
"If I beat Vitor Belfort, I definitely deserve a shot," Bisping said. "I'm definitely the No. 1 contender. In my mind, Vitor Belfort is the hardest fight in the middleweight division outside of Anderson Silva."
Bisping has been making a plea to face Silva, the reigning UFC middleweight champion, since a win over Brian Stann earlier this year. UFC president Dana White did mention over the weekend that he felt Bisping could be the next opponent for "The Spider" with a win over Belfort, but Bisping isn't counting his eggs yet.
"I haven't personally heard anything from Dana or the UFC," Bisping said. "I honestly believe I would deserve it in my mind."
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline