Michael Bisping waits to hear if he's next to try and stop Anderson Silva's (33-4) UFC run, but the rumor that Georges St-Pierre (22-2) might be next has Bisping taking notice. If the two champions were to fight, which Bisping thinks his doubtful on St-Pierre's part, he has Silva clearly getting the win.
"It sounds to me, reading between the lines, I don't think GSP' is really keen on it," said Bisping on MMA Junkie. "I think he realizes that it's not a good fight for him, to be honest. He's said it's a giant pain in the a** to always talk about Anderson Silva, and I'm sure it would be a giant pain in the jaw, as well."
As Silva remains with two fights on his contract and already staking his claim as one of the best in the MMA world, Bisping understands that he must careful in selecting several of final opponents. It also annoys Bisping who is looking to challenge for UFC gold for the first time.
"It is frustrating, but I also understand it," said Bisping. "I understand it from Silva's perspective. I understand it from the UFC's perspective.
Bisping still isn't confident the Silva vs. St-Pierre will happen.
"Who knows if they'll step up and try and fight each other," said Bisping. "I'll just be waiting for my shot."
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.