Rumors of a potential middleweight showdown between former UFC champion Vitor Belfort and Michael Bisping appear to be more than just that. UFC president Dana White told UFC Tonight on Tuesday that the bout is in the works.
White, however, did say that it is "not a done deal," that Belfort and Bisping will square off. If they do, the two could be headed for a January showdown in Brazil.
Belfort (21-10) is coming off a loss to UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. "The Phenom" took the fight after several others turned it down, providing the UFC - and Jones - with a much-needed main event.
Bisping (23-4) downed Brian Stann at the same September event, scoring a decision victory. "The Count" has been pushing for a match with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.
- Kenny Florian: Frankie Edgar Has A Chance Vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem An Undeserving Challenger, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White Guarantees Anderson Silva-Jon Jones Will Happen
- Jon Jones Brings In Frank Mir As Part Of TUF Coaching Staff
- Another Change To UFC 154 Fight Card Results In John Maguire-Matt Riddle
- Chris Weidman Confirms He Is Safe, House Hit Hard By Storm
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.