Currently, there has been no reason revealed for why the bout was pulled from the fight card. The match up remains intact, however, but it is also unknown which event will become the bout's new host. Rumors have the fight bumped up just one event to UFC 149, which will take place at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Canada on July 21.
Boetsch is riding a three-fight winning streak, having most recently scored an improbable comeback victory by knockout over former number one contender Yushin Okami at UFC 144.
Bisping will be looking to rebound from a narrow unanimous decision defeat to current number one contender Chael Sonnen, which many thought should have been ruled in Bisping's favor.
UFC 148 is scheduled to take place on July 7 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and will feature the long-awaited rematch between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen.
- Video: Dana White's UFC On FOX 3 Vlog, Episode Two
- Jon Jones Just Wants Hendo To Keep It Classy
- Video: Quick UFC 146 Promo
- Francisco Rivera Steps In To Face Alex Soto At UFC On FUEL TV 3
- Nevada Responds To Nick Diaz's Lawsuit
- Video: Age And Experience Will Overcome Youth And Preparation
- UFC 148 Tickets On Sale This Week
- Rampage Jackson Wants Rua Or Griffin For Final UFC Bout
- Jake Shields Vs. Ed Herman To Take Place At "UFC 150"
- Video: Dana White Blog Is Back For "UFC On FOX 3"
- Travis Browne, Ben Rothwell Added To "UFC On FOX 4" Card
- Ryan Bader Vs. Lyoto Machida Set For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Episode 8 Of "TUF: Live" Earns Lowest Ratings Yet
- Michael Bisping Vs. Tim Boetsch Removed From UFC 148
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Unlikely To Take Place At UFC 149
- Georges St-Pierre Talks Being Bullied As A Kid
- Faber Happy To Share Spotlight With Silva And Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.