Michael Bisping has never been shy when it comes to voicing his opinion. In just a matter of days, Bisping will face Brian Stann at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort, and will be attempting to secure his status as a top contender in the middleweight division.
Not Chris Weidman. Not Mark Munoz. Not Alan Belcher. Not Stann.
"So who does that leave? Oh yeah, that leaves me," said Bisping, during a recent appearance on MMAWeekly Radio. "I've been here for a long, long time and I'm ready to (expletive) take the title off of Anderson Silva."
Bisping added that "I don't just want a title shot, I want to win the title. I'm a fighter, I don't want a payday, I want to be the champ; and I believe I can be."
"The Count" has been close before, but was defeated by Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen in eliminator bouts. Nothing has been confirmed as far as Bisping-Stann being a No. 1 contender match, but the winner is likely to see his stock rise in the division.
- Lyoto Machida Tweets Out A "Big Surprise" Is In The Future; Wanderlei Silva Hints At UFC 153 Fight
- Fabio Maldonado Wants To Face Glover Teixeira In Brazil, Teixeira Willing To Face Anyone
- UFC Confirms TUF: India, Show To Begin In 2013
- Jose Aldo "Very Sad" For Having To Pull Out Of UFC 153
- Frankie Edgar Willing To Fight Whenever The UFC Wants Him To
- If Asked, Urijah Faber All For Facing Frankie Edgar
- Joe Lauzon Proves He Asked For Gray Maynard First
- Roger Hollett Back In To Face Matt Hamill At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline