During the summer, Silva announced he wouldn't fight again until late 2013. He then stepped in as a last minute replacement to keep UFC 152 alive. Now, Silva has expressed interest in Georges St-Pierre (23-2).
"He's put us all in this position," Bisping said to MMA Junkie Radio. "It just sucks for the fans that want to see Anderson fight. It sucks for the fighters that want to fight Anderson for his belt, and it sucks for the UFC, as well."
As for the title, Bisping mentioned vacating it until Silva is ready to return might be one of the better options for the UFC.
"You want that progression and to fulfill your dream, and my dream is to be world champion one day," said Bisping. "We all have a clock that's ticking. I've still got a lot of time left, but I don't want to waste a year fighting for the hell of it. I want to know that I'm moving toward something."
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.