Melvin Guillard (30-11-2-1 NC) vs. Jamie Varner (20-7-1-2 NC) were slated to appear on the main card of The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale, but it never happened. Varner became sick backstage and the fight was moved to UFC 155. Guillard doesn't believe the reason and thinks that Varner was just scared.
"I think what he [did] tonight was very cowardly," said Guillard to Fuel TV. "I saw the look in his eyes at weigh-ins. He didn't want to fight me. I'll just leave it at that. I'm not going to sit here and bash the guy. I have a level of respect for him as a person, but as a fighter I lost all respect for him."
Even though the fight was pushed until December 29, but Guillard thinks the UFC should have another backup plan. Guillard feels that the new date won't matter and Varner will be scratched from the card again.
"They might want to have me some other guys lined up to make weight just in case he backs out again," said Guillard.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.