While Donald Cerrone (18-4-1 NC) looks to fulfill a personal wish when he fights in front of his home state at UFC 150, his friend and opponent Melvin Guillard (30-10-2-1 NC) is ready to spoil the party.
"Before the UFC, seven years ago, that's all I did was travel from hometown to hometown," said Guillard. "I've racked up a couple of small titles from hometown guys. I was in the business of collecting people's belts at that time. It's fun and exciting and I think the best part is when you start to win over the crowd of the hometown guys."
Although Guillard knows the Pepsi Center will be packed with fans for Cerrone, he feels confident that he will have his own section of admirers.
"Me and Donald are two big stars of this business and I know people are going to favor him because it's his hometown, but I'll still have my fans there," Guillard.
Guillard and Cerrone do battle today, August 11.
- "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Live Coverage & Results
- Michael Bisping’s Cut Won’t Stop Him From Fighting
- Josh Koshnick Says He Would Never Follow Etiquette In MMA
- MMA Veteran Travis Wiuff On His Technique To Change Weight Classes
- India Looks On Track To Host First Live UFC Show In Early 2013
- Ayaka Hamasaki Remains Undefeated In U.S. Debut
- Bernardo Magalhaes Returns To Australia After Being Cut By The UFC
- Jorge Santiago Signs With Strikeforce, Fighting In September Vs. Quinn Mulhern
- Frankie Edgar Has Made The Adjustments, Ready To Get His Belt Back
Get more great MMA news and analalysis over at Fightline