UFC president Dana White placed some added importance on the two light heavyweight matches that will take place August 4 at UFC on Fox 4. In an email to Fox Sports, White disclosed that Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto Machida or Ryan Bader could become the next challenger.
"These fighters have a huge opportunity to show the world why they deserve to fight for the UFC title next," White wrote. "Winning isn't enough at UFC on Fox. This division is so competitive these fighters have to look great to separate themselves from the pack."
Jones has already defeated all three fighters, winning the title from Rua, defending it against Machida, and topping Bader to secure his championship match. All three bouts were stoppage victories for "Bones."
- Frank Mir To Face Daniel Cormier In Strikeforce Later This Year
- Mike Swick Vs. DaMarques Johnson Added To UFC On Fox 4 Main Card
- Next Light Heavyweight Contender Could Be Determined At UFC On Fox 4
- UFC Makes Alan Belcher-Vitor Belfort Official For UFC 153
- Firas Zahabi Says GSP Still Interested In Fighting Nick Diaz
- Ryan Bader's Only Job Vs. Lyoto Machida Is To Win
- Dustin Pague Vs. Chico Camus Planned For August's UFC 150
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.