Matt Riddle was given a 90-day suspension for a failed drug test following his win over Chris Clements earlier this year at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao. At the time, the decision was said to be standing.
However, that might not be correct, as Joe Ferraro reported on Twitter Friday night that a source has told him the bout will be changed to a no-contest.
Riddle tested positive for marijuana following the bout. The suspension, which ended today, was handed down by the Calgary commission. Riddle was awarded the Submission of the Night for his arm-triangle choke on Clements.
A source just informed me that the UFC 149 bout btw Matt Riddle and Chris Clements has been overturned to a NC due to Matt's positive test.
— Joe Ferraro (@ShowdownJoe) October 20, 2012
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Walked Into UFC 153 With An Injury
- Shane Carwin Thinks Roy Nelson Is Just Talk
- Ian McCall Defends The Flyweight Division
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Wins Changed To No-Contests By Calgary Commission
- Daniel Cormier Knows He's Crossing Paths With Jon Jones
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Official For UFC On FX 6
- Anderson Silva: Chael Sonnen Undeserving Of TUF, Jon Jones Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.