Matt Riddle saw the spinning back-fist by Chris Clements coming, as the former Ultimate Fighter competitor caught it and locked in an arm triangle submission. Riddle finished off Clements in the third round for his seventh career victory at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Saturday night.
"I worked with Robert Drysdale, who has top-notch jiu-jitsu, and he took me to the next level," Riddle said.
With a purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Riddle earned his first submission victory of his career. He has competed in the UFC since 2008, holding a record of 7-3.
"I knew Chris wanted to bang, but I had to get the 'W.' I wanted the crowd on their feet, because that's why I fight," Riddle said. "I love everybody. I love Calgary, I love you Joe Rogan."
Clements falls to 11-5 in his career, as his five-fight win streak is also snapped.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.