Heavyweights Matt Mitrione and Rob Broughton will try again to meet up inside the Octagon, as MMAWeekly.com reports the two are set to collide at UFC on FX 5. Originally, Mitrione and Broughton were slated for the UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera event, but Broughton pulled out.
UFC on FX 5 takes place October 5 from Minneapolis, Minnesota. The main event boasts heavyweights Antonio Silva and Travis Browne.
Mitrione (5-1) suffered his first loss late in 2011, dropping a decision to Cheick Kongo. Prior to that, the former Ultimate Fighter member had knocked out Christian Morecraft and Tim Hague.
Broughton (15-7-1) will be seeking his first UFC win in almost two years. He has dropped back-to-back decisions to Phil De Fries and Browne.
- Dan Henderson Plans To Put Jon Jones On His Back
- Francis Carmont To Put Perfect UFC Record On Line Vs. Tom Lawlor At UFC 154
- Add Gabriel Gonzaga To Ever-Growing UFC 153 Card In Brazil
- John Alessio Cut From The UFC
- Rick Story-Demian Maia On Target For UFC 153
- Corey Hill Vs. Mike Bronzoulis Headlines XFC 19 This Friday
- Numbers Come In For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Cesar Gracie Hoping To Get Nick Diaz A Fight Overseas
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.