Earlier in the week, Matt Mitrione (5-1) was given the chance to fight Daniel Cormier (10-0) as a last minute replacement for the injured Frank Mir (16-6), but passed on the offer. Dana White was not pleased with the decision.
"It f*cking makes me sick," White to MMA Junkie. "Listen, you don't want big opportunities, I hear you. I get it, then. All I can say is, I guess he doesn't want big opportunities. It makes no sense to me, and it's insane. I'm a little bummed out by it. We'll figure it out."
Mitrione had recently failed to persuade White into a fight with Quinton Jackson (32-10).
"He wants to fight a guy who weighs 205, but doesn't want to fight the guy who's the real heavyweight, the legitimate guy who's ranked," said White. "And Mitrione's not getting any younger."
"Cormier will fight anybody," said White. "The guys who are the real guys fight anybody, man. They'll fight anybody."
- Video: Bellator 74 Highlights Feature Welterweight Tourney Openers
- Ex-WWE Superstar Dave Bautista Has Opponent For Saturday
- Travis Browne Is A Fighter, Not A Talker
- Jeremy Stephens Changes His Lifestyle
- TUF: Brazil 2 Confirmed For 2013
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Added To UFC On FX 6
- Danielle West Steps In For Injured Julia Budd
- Two Legacy FC Shows Gain New Fights
- "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Results And Live Coverage On Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.