With a freak accident behind him, Matt Hobar (6-1) is looking ahead towards 2013. Hobar was injured in his Legacy FC debut after he separated his shoulder throwing a punch.
Two months later and Hobar avenged that loss against Steven Peterson (8-3). Their rematch was at Legacy FC 16 where Hobar was able to earn a decision win. With that win, Hobar hopes for a crack at the bantamweight championship.
"I know that you have to make those fights happen, so I'm going to take things one fight at a time and look for good match-ups that are entertaining that bring in the fans," said Hobar to MMA Weekly.
Hobar's return to Legacy FC is not known. Legacy FC returns to TV on February 1 from the Cowboys Dancehall in San Antonio, TX. The main card will air on AXS TV.
- Dana White On When Gilbert Melendez May Get A Lightweight Championship Shot
- Alistair Overeem Submits Application For Licensing
- UFC Makes Bobby Green-Jacob Volkmann Official For UFC 156
- Junior Dos Santos Enjoys Being Sponsored By Nike
- Cain Velasquez Looking To Follow In Footsteps Of Juan Manuel Marquez
- Cage Warriors 51 Lineup Changed Due To Injuries
- Daniel Cormier Inks UFC Deal Ahead Of Final Strikeforce Fight
- Michael Kuiper-Buddy Roberts Added To UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.