Martin Kampmann left Montreal and the Bell Centre this weekend disappointed, as he was defeated by Johny Hendricks in the co-main event of UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. "The Hitman" had his three-fight win streak snapped with a first round knockout loss to Hendricks.
"Losing sure sucks, but congrats to (Hendricks)," Kampmann posted on Twitter. "That was a good punch. Thanks to everybody for the love and support."
Kampmann (20-6) was hoping to ride a win over Hendricks into a 2013 title shot in the UFC's welterweight division. He topped Jake Ellenberger and Thiago Alves earlier this year.
- Eddie Yagin Released From Hospital, On The Road To Recovery
- Gray Maynard Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
- Greg Jackson Doesn't Believe He Would Have Made A Difference In Carlos Condit-GSP Fight
- Referee Explains Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Decision
- Bristol Marunde: TUF Guy And Superhero
- Rashad Evans: Georges St-Pierre Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- TUF Ratings Drop Following Strong Week
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.