Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC) president Mark Pavelich is ready to explore markets outside of Canada and believes that his promotion has the potential to be one of the top four MMA companies.
"I want them to understand that there's more than one brand of MMA out there," said Pavelich to MMA Weekly. "The UFC is the number one brand in the world, and probably always will be, and I accept that. At the same time, I'm not going to bow down to them."
Pavelich thinks with the addition of new fighters such as middleweight Elvis Mutapcic (12-2) and lightweight Mukai Maromo (8-2) that MFC is ready to take it to the next level. Mutapcic is undefeated for MFC where he recently won their middleweight championship. Maromo is 4-0 for MFC and has stopped two of those fights.
It's the growth of this new breed of fighters that he thinks made 2012 such a positive year. Pavelich went on that when he looks for new fighters he wants those who go for the finish.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.