Mark Muñoz (12-3) looks for a late winter 2013 return inside the Octagon as his elbow and knee continue to heal. The one person Muñoz hopes to see once he returns is Michael Bisping (23-4).
"There are a lot of guys I want to face, but now I can only think of one person: Michael Bisping," said Muñoz to TATAME. "I want this fight for some time now. He is one of the top fighters in the category and I think a win puts me back in the title race."
Earlier in the year Muñoz was being looked at as next to challenge for the middleweight championship. Then Chris Weidman (9-0) ended those thoughts with an easy second round knockout. Muñoz said he took that fight injured and wouldn't be repeating the action.
"I felt very frustrated in that fight because he took me to the floor and that was the first time someone managed to control me on the ground," said Muñoz. "When I returned for the second round, I wanted to knock him out, but he was elbowing and knocking me over. It was frustrating."
While Muñoz remains out of action, Bisping returns at UFC on FX 7 on January 17 in Brazil. The current plans for middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4) don't include fighting either man. Silva has said he wants to fight welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2) next.
- Magnus Cedenblad-Rafael Natal On For UFC On Fox 6
- Sara McMann Not Seeing Ronda Rousey Fight In The Near Future
- MMA Side Of GLORY - Dream Card Continues To Grow
- One Handed Nick Newell Ready For Title Run
- Nate Diaz Feels It's His Turn To Be UFC Champion
- Shogun Rua Discusses Turning Down Jon Jones Title Fight
- Mike Chiesa Signs With First Round Management
- Benson Henderson Focused On "W" Vs. Nate Diaz At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.