Henderson earned the fight on two scorecards, while Edgar took one. "Smooth" also won a decision from Edgar earlier this year to secure the title.
Ed Soares, manager for several fighters include UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, posted, "I don't think Edgar/Henderson was robbery but I do think Edgar should have got the win. Both guys fought their (expletive) off. Congrats to Bendo!"
Malki Kawa, the manager for Henderson and current UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, wrote, "Robbed? Really? Wtf were you guys watching? Could've went either way, but not robbery. That's absurd. I don't feel bad for 3 reasons: He didn't deserve a rematch; he has been the beneficiary of a robbery, himself; and it wasn't one!"
Josh Gross, a MMA writer for ESPN, feels like Edgar is the top-ranked light lightweight, writing, "Just filed my lightweight rankings...and put (Edgar) at No. 1."
Renzo Gracie, a trainer of Edgar's, posted, "They should be ashamed that's pure ignorance from two incompetents seating in a chair (the judges) who never sweat a day in a ring (Edgar) UR D #1."
STT contributed to this article.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.