UFC president Dana White was impressed with Lyoto Machida, just like everybody else Saturday night at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera. Machida defeated Ryan Bader by knockout, and earned the No. 1 contender spot.
"I think Lyoto looked the most impressive. He has this fire in him and wants this; he wants his title back," White said. "He wants a shot at Jon Jones. Everything I see in his performance shows me he wants his title shot. You're going to get it, buddy."
Machida lost Jones in a bout for the UFC light heavyweight title late in 2011. He won the first round before being submitted at the hands of "Bones."
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.