Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader
The co-main event kicks off between a karate expert and former UFC champion in Lyoto Machida and two-time All American wrestler in Ryan Bader. Both light heavyweights are vying for the next title shot along with the main eventers according to Dana White.
Round 1: Machida displaying that unorthodox karate stance as he takes the middle of the cage. The two feeling eachother out 1:30 into the contest. Machida breaks the silence with a sharp kick to the body. Bader tries to close the distance with an elbow but Machida circles away. Machida catches him coming in with a nice right hand and follows with another knee. So far the karate master has countered every Bader charge. Machida with some bizarre karate hand movements, trying to confuse his opponent.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Machida
Round 2: Machida getting more comfortable with his striking as he lands a few nice shots. Bader comes in again and runs into a stunning right hand that knocks him out. Right on the button.
Lyoto Machida def. Ryan Bader via KO (punches) at 1:32 in the second round.
Great performance by Machida who showcased the countering, karate-style he is known for. Will it be good enough to earn him the title shot?
- "UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera" Live Coverage & Results
- Jamie Varner Says He Broke His Hand In Fight With Joe Lauzon
- Video: Highlights From UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Main Event
- Add Jon Fitch To List Of Fighters Willing To Face BJ Penn
- Junior Dos Santos "Penciled In" For December, According To Lorenzo Fertitta
- Video: Joe Lauzon Submits Jamie Varner, Scores Double-Bonus
- Cung Le-Rich Franklin To Headline First UFC Card In China
- Sean Sherk Quick To Call For BJ Penn
- Junior Dos Santos Wants Alistair Overeem, But Leaves Decision To UFC
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.