Former UFC light heavyweight champions Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua have matches set for this Saturday night at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera. Rua will meet Brandon Vera in the main event, while Machida takes on Ryan Bader in the co-main event.
If both win, it is possible that one of them vaults into a future title shot for the belt. However, Machida's manager, Ed Soares, believes victories by both should place them in coaching roles for The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2.
"If Lyoto wins and 'Shogun' wins, maybe make them the coaches of the next Brazilian 'TUF,' and have them fight the rubber match," said Soares, in a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com.
Machida scored a decision victory to retain the title three years ago, but Rua won the belt back in a rematch via knockout. Rumors of the two coaching on TUF have been talked about for the last several months.
- Report: Jon Fitch, Erick Silva Added To UFC 153
- John Dodson Vs. Jussier Da Silva At UFC On FX 5
- UFC Prepping Alexander Gustafsson For Major Fight
- Lyoto Machida Not Concerned With Decision To Make Rua-Vera No. 1 Contender Match
- Patricky Pitbull To Face Eddie Alvarez This October In Bellator
- Ryan Bader Feels Like He Is In The Thick Of Light Heavyweight Title Talk
- Jon Jones Responds To News Of Rua-Vera Becoming No. 1 Contender Match
- High Stakes Added To UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Main Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.