Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida turned down a chance to face UFC 205-pound champion Jon Jones recently. However, Machida has gone to Twitter to hint as a future surprise announcement.
The UFC announced on Tuesday that both UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson have been forced off the October card from Brazil. No replacement opponents for either Frankie Edgar or Glover Teixeira have been announced by the promotion, or any new fights to replace the previously scheduled ones.
Of course, it's also possible that this has nothing to do with the October card and that Machida will be making another announcement of some kind.
Silva added some fuel to the fire, posting a message on Twitter that read, "UFC RIO???" Silva has talked about competing once more this year after falling to Rich Franklin earlier this year in Brazil.
- Lyoto Machida Tweets Out A "Big Surprise" Is In The Future; Wanderlei Silva Hints At UFC 153 Fight
- Fabio Maldonado Wants To Face Glover Teixeira In Brazil, Teixeira Willing To Face Anyone
- UFC Confirms TUF: India, Show To Begin In 2013
- Jose Aldo "Very Sad" For Having To Pull Out Of UFC 153
- Frankie Edgar Willing To Fight Whenever The UFC Wants Him To
- If Asked, Urijah Faber All For Facing Frankie Edgar
- Joe Lauzon Proves He Asked For Gray Maynard First
- Roger Hollett Back In To Face Matt Hamill At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline