Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida has a lot to gain this evening. With a convincing win over Ryan Bader at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera, Machida will position himself for another shot at the belt.
However, after weighing in well-under the 205-pound limit on Friday, "The Dragon" was asked if he has considered dropping to middleweight. Current training partner and friend, Anderson Silva, is the champion in the division, of course.
"I always walk around at 205, 210 maximum," Machida said. "I don't worry about this. I keep my diet all year round."
As for a potential move to 185 pounds, Machida said, "Maybe, if Dana White makes a good fight and invites me, I will."
Machida, however, did say no to a "good fight" with Silva, adding, "Anderson is my friend, we are on the same team, same manager; he is a true champion."
- Rashad Evans-Chael Sonnen? Just Maybe
- Ryan Bader Wants Redemption For TUF Incident With Lyoto Machida
- Coach For Dominick Cruz Feels Like He Will Recover 100-Percent
- Bellator 73 To Feature Title Fight, Two Tourney Finals This Month
- Video: Frankie Edgar's Series "155 Reasons" Continues With New Episode
- One Person Feels Like Retirement Is Needed For Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin
- Jon Jones Offers Up His Take On Saturday's Light Heavyweight Bouts
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline