Lyoto Machida (18-3) is weighing his options when it pertains to making the drop to a middleweight.
"I walk around close to 205 pounds, so if I put in the work, I do think it's possible to fight at 185 pounds," said Machida on MMA Junkie. "But for now, I'm staying at 205."
Machida has found success in the light heavyweight division, when in 2009 he won the title and defended it later that year before dropping it in 2010. At UFC 140, Machida failed to defeat Jon Jones (17-1) for the title when he was chocked out with a standing guillotine in round two.
"I'm eager to face Jones again," said Machida. "Later on, who knows?"
Machida is rumored for a bout with Dan Henderson (29-8) with the winner becoming the No. 1 contender to the current light heavyweight champion Jones, but the status of that fight is unknown. In the meantime, Machida hopes to fight before the year comes to a close.
"I heard Dan Henderson's knee is still hurt," said Machida. "We very much want this fight, but the UFC gives me my assignments. I'd like to fight at least once before January."
- Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones
- TUF 16 Ratings Hit All-Time Low
- Matt Hughes: "Looks Like I’m Fully Retired"
- Vinny Magalhaes Asks For Phil Davis Bout
- Shane Carwin's Manager Has Doubts About VADA
- Jake Ellenberger Tops Fighter Salaries For UFC On FX 5
- Jake Shields' Win Over Ed Herman Changed To No-Contest Due To Failed Test
- Roy Nelson Offered To Fight Dana White
- Jon Jones Refers To Daniel Cormier As "Relatively Unknown"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.