Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold will be on the November event from Oklahoma, according to a report by MMAWeekly.com. The card, which is set for November 3, will feature Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir.
Mir is the first UFC fighter to come over to Strikeforce and compete for the promotion while under contract with the UFC. Cormier claimed the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix title, and is expected to join Mir in the UFC following the fight.
Rockhold, who recently defeated Tim Kennedy in his second successful title defense, is expected to face Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza. Rockhold won the belt from Souza last year via decision.
The card will air on Showtime, with the prelims being televised live by Showtime Extreme.
- Luke Rockhold Also Expected For November Strikeforce Card Featuring Daniel Cormier-Frank Mir
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship Fight Announced
- Paul Daley Doesn't Think Ben Askren Is A Great Fighter
- Jon Jones "Felt Like A Piece Of Meat" After Cancellation Of UFC 151 Was Blamed On Him
- Junior Dos Santos Also Involved In Car Accident
- Shane Carwin Doesn't See Roy Nelson As An "Average Guy"
- Swollen Foot Only Major Concern From Jose Aldo's Auto Accident
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.