Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold will defend his title against Lorenz Larkin on January 12, according to a report by MMAjunkie.com. The promotion cancelled two cards in 2012, but promised to return in 2013 with a mega-event to start the year.
Rockhold and Larkin were orginally scheduled for the November show from Oklahoma City. The report did not indicate if Rockhold-Larkin would be the main event for the night.
This would mark the third defense for Rockhold (10-1) since winning the belt from Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza. He has successfully defeated Keith Jardine and Tim Kennedy.
Larkin (13-0) topped Robbie Lawler earlier in 2012. He is a former light heavyweight who was defeated by Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, but had the fight changed to a no-contest after Lawal tested positive for a banned substance.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.