Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold surprised many when he earned a decision victory over Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza lst year, taking the belt on all three scorecards. Since that time, Rockhold has defended the belt twice, defeating Keith Jardine and Tim Kennedy.
A possible rematch with Souza, however, remains on the mind of Rockhold as he looks to improve his standing in the MMA middleweight division. The surfer-turned-fighter discussed his future with Sherdog recently.
"There are quite a few new middleweights in the division now, like Lorenz Larkin and Roger Gracie, but I think 'Jacare' is the most likely challenger," Rockhold said. "Our fight needs closure, and I'd like to have a chance to finish it."
Souza must get past Derek Brunson next month in a bout at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman before he can make his claim for a rematch with Rockhold. Both Larkin and Gracie earned victories recently in their debuts at middleweight, downing Robbie Lawler and Keith Jardine.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.