It was revealed on today's Strikeforce World Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Cormier media conference call that Luke Rockhold has drawn his next assignment as the promotion's middleweight champion.
Rockhold (9-1) will meet Tim Kennedy (14-3) at the next Strikeforce event to defend his belt. The 27-year-old champion has defended the belt once -- with a TKO win over Keith Jardine earlier this year -- since winning it with a unanimous decision over Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza last year. Kennedy, who came up short in a battle with Souza for the vacant Strikeforce belt in 2010, is on a two-fight winning streak, having taken out Melvin Manhoef and Robbie Lawler in succession.
It was also announced that middleweight match ups between Robbie Lawler and Lorenz Larkin, Keith Jardine and Roger Gracie would be on the card. There was no announcement made in regards to the rumored Tyron Woodley-Nate Marquardt fight for the promotion's vacant welterweight title.
The event all of this is supposed to go down at is scheduled for July 14 at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.
- Josh Barnett Believes Strikeforce Tourney Will Stand The Test Of Time
- Video: The Best Of Filthy Tom Lawlor
- Frank Mir: Dos Santos Avoids The Ground Game "Like It's Poison"
- Luke Rockhold Faces Tim Kennedy In Next Title Defense
- Bellator 68 Weigh-In Results
- Freddie Roach Talks GSP, Diaz And Condit
- Bellator, TNA Wrestling And Spike TV Officially Announce The Signing Of King Mo
- Video: Complete Recap Of The Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix
- Quick Shots: UFC 149 Tickets On Sale, Bellator Seminar Today, Bellator Signs Shanon Slack
- Antonio Silva Working With Wrestlers To Prepare For Cain Velasquez
- Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal Headed To Bellator, TNA Wrestling
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.