The second title defense for Luke Rockhold went the distane, as the reigning Strikeforce middleweight champion topped Tim Kennedy in the main event Saturday night at Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy. Despite having his hand raised, Rockhold was far from satisfied with the performance.
"That was a tough fight," Rockhold posted on Twitter, "wasn't my best but I got the job done!"
Rockhold was in control of the majority of the fight, picking Kennedy apart with his strikes. He fought off several takedown attempts by the former military fighter, picking up his 10th victory in 11 career fights.
Since reeling off six consecutive finishes, Rockhold has went to a decision twice in his last three fights. The judges awarded him the Strikeforce title with a decision victory over Ronaldo Souza, while he knocked Keith Jardine out in his first defense earlier this year.
- Report: Ulysses Gomez To Sign With UFC, Face Jussier Da Silva
- Glover Teixeira Not Backing Down From Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Jon Jones Preparing Well For Dan Henderson's Deadly "H-Bomb"
- Bellator Returning To New Jersey For Bellator 74
- Change In Opponent Doesn't Concern Tim Boetsch
- Luke Rockhold Wants His Shot At Anderson Silva
- Urijah Faber Says Bout With Renan Barao Is "Personal"
- Nate Marquardt: "I Feel Like I'm The Best In The World"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.