Due to a knee injury sustained by Legacy FC Welterweight Champion Jorge Patino (27-13-1), the company will now crown an interim champion at their next show. Patino was scheduled to defend is championship against Jeff Rexroad (5-1). Lucas Pimenta (8-0) has been named as his replacement.
The news was reported by Legacy FC promoter Mick Maynard on MMA Junkie.
Pimenta is on an eight fight win streak with five of those coming via knockout. Rexroad, who has solely fought for Legacy FC, has won five in a row. He last fought for the company in in December.
A return date for Patino isn't known.
Legacy FC 14 takes place September 14 at Houston's Arena Theater and airs on AXS TV.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline