UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta sees bringing The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) to India as a clear challenge, but believes MMA and the country will fit well together.
"It's a market we think has a lot of potential, but we are literally starting from ground zero," said Fertitta. "People [there] really don't know anything about this sport or the UFC."
The UFC has a TV deal with SONY SIX to produce and air the episodes in India. Filming is set for the summer of 2013 and will air later that fall.
"What we're finding through our research is they want alternative sports," said Fertitta. "High-paced, fast action – all of those things. Well, the UFC is pretty much fits that bill. There's nothing else out there that we think really does."
- Nick Ring Vs. Constantinos Philippou Added To UFC 154
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Needs More Shows
- Jon Jones Thinks He's Wrongfully Portrayed As The Villain
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline