It appears that Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold will not get the rematch he was hoping for next. According to MMAWeekly.com, Lorenz Larkin will face Rockhold in November, not former champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza.
The bout would serve as the co-main event to a heavyweight featured attraction between Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir. The card is set for November 3 on Showtime from Oklahoma City.
Larkin (13-0) is undefeated in his career after having a loss overturned to a no-contest against Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal. Larkin dropped to middleweight after the defeat, topping Robbie Lawler this past July.
Rockhold (10-1) was expecting to face Souza again after claiming the title from him back in 2011 via decision. Instead, it appears as if Larkin will receive the title shot.
- Luke Rockhold Also Expected For November Strikeforce Card Featuring Daniel Cormier-Frank Mir
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship Fight Announced
- Paul Daley Doesn't Think Ben Askren Is A Great Fighter
- Jon Jones "Felt Like A Piece Of Meat" After Cancellation Of UFC 151 Was Blamed On Him
- Junior Dos Santos Also Involved In Car Accident
- Shane Carwin Doesn't See Roy Nelson As An "Average Guy"
- Swollen Foot Only Major Concern From Jose Aldo's Auto Accident
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.