Liz Carmouche wants the world to know that if Cris Cyborg isn't willing to move down to 135 pounds and face Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, she sure is. Carmouche sent out a message via Twitter regarding a potential fight with Rousey.
"I've been reading that Cyborg doesn't want to come down to 135," Carmouche wrote. "OK I'm ready to step in & fight #1 girl in the world (Rousey)."
Carmouche has been inside the cage with former champions such as Sarah Kaufman and Marloes Coenen. She was defeated last year by both fighters. The bout with Coenen was for the Strikeforce bantamweight title, but Carmouche suffered a fourth round submission defeat.
Since the back-to-back losses, Carmouche (7-2) has won two straight, stopping Ashleigh Curry and submitting Kaitlin Young. Both fights have taken place at Invicta FC events.
Rousey recently defended her title for the first time against Kaufman, and promptly called out Cyborg for a match at 135 pounds. Cyborg has been hesitant to try and make the weight according to reports, and would rather face "Rowdy" at a catch-weight of 140 pounds.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.