With the addition of a twelfth fight, Invicta FC is ready for their first show of 2013.
A main card bantamweight fight between Leslie Smith (4-2-1) and Raquel Pennington (3-2) has been confirmed for Invicta FC 4.
"Leslie and Raquel have both proven to be ferocious and determined competitors in the Invicta FC cage, so we are excited to be able to match them up against each other and create what should be a barnburner of a fight," said Shannon Knapp.
Smith makes her third appearance for the promotion. Her first was a draw and in the rematch, Smith landed a TKO win in the second round. Pennington was working on a several fight win streak, when it was ended by submission at the last Invicta show.
The main event will see the first strawweight champion crowned.
The main card is expected to stream at invictafc.com on January 5. The event takes place from the Memorial Hall in Kansas.
The Invicta FC 4 main card is as follows.
Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha for the inaugural strawweight title
Shayna Baszler vs. Alexis Davis
Sarah D'Alelio vs. Amanda Nunes
Ediane Gomes vs. Hiroko Yamanaka
Joanne Calderwood vs. Bec Hyatt
Raquel Pennington vs. Leslie Smith
- Renan Barao-Michael McDonald On Tap For 2013
- Emotional Dominick Cruz Discusses His Latest Knee Injury
- Randy Couture Responds To Steven Seagal's Fight Request
- Bellator 82 Ratings Are In
- Tyson Griffin Glad With His Decision To Leave Xtreme Couture For AKA
- Bjorn Rebney Details New Championship Rematch Stipulation
- Video: Dana White Returns With Blog Featuring Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.