It appears someone didn't listen to UFC president Dana White's words recently. Lavar Johnson, who was slated to meet Brendan Schaub at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz, has been forced out with a groin injury. White made the announcement on Twitter Thursday night.
Johnson-Schaub was slated to be the main prelim fight on the FX-televised card. It remains to be seen if a replacement fighter will be named, or if Schaub will be off the card completely.
Earlier this week, White asked the fighters on a conference call for the December 8 event to take it easy in practice and avoid any injuries that could knock them off the card.
Schaub posted on Twitter after news of the announcement, "Frustrated would be an understatement..back to the gym."
- Lavar Johnson Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 5 Fight With Brendan Schaub
- Bellator 82 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Finals Made Official
- UFC "Road To The Octagon" Debuts This Sunday
- Ronaldo Souza-Lorenz Larkin Booked For Strikeforce: Champions
- Frank Shamrock: Bas Rutten Put Me On The Map
- Next ONE FC Event Announced
- Heather Clark Ready For The Big Leagues
- Chris Weidman Updates Status Post-Surgery
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.