Mark Hunt has injured his PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) and will be unable to compete against Stefan Struve at UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir next weekend as planned.
Lavar Johnson will be brought in as a replacement opponent for Struve. MMAFighting first reported the news, with Hunt and then the UFC confirming.
From Hunt's Twitter:
yyea well army u have herd,i am out of 146 i cant even apologize about it cause injuries are injuries …
thank u so much for your support u can understand how gutted i am.but i did not want to give a easy fight to struve,if u want to win from me u going to have to come a take that sh t
Lavar Johnson, who's gone 2-0 since moving from Strikeforce to the UFC, just fought Pat Barry at UFC on FOX 3: Diaz vs. Miller earlier this month, earning a first-round knockout.
UFC 146 is scheduled to take place on May 26 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- Struve And Johnson Talk Short Notice Opponent Switch
- Mark Hunt Injured, Replaced At UFC 146 By Lavar Johnson
- Erick Silva Confident He Will KO Brenneman
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Ratings Continue To Drop
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Fighter Salaries
- B.J. Penn Declines Bout With Josh Koscheck
- Bellator 69 Weigh-In Results; Falcao Over By Two Pounds
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Conference Call Notes And Quotes
- Video: Cain Velasquez Part Of Team AKA Fighter Diary
- Anthony Pettis Not A Likely Candidate For Donald Cerrone At UFC 150
- Josh Koscheck Wants BJ Penn Fight, But Does Penn?
- Korean Zombie On Last Night's Big Win: I Made A Statement
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Coming To FUEL TV
- Fighting Entertainment Group (FEG) Declaring Bankruptcy