Dan Miller's exit from a planned fight with Sean Pierson at UFC 152: Jones vs. Machida is no longer an issue. UFC officials announced on Friday that Lance Benoist will replace Miller and face Pierson.
UFC 152: Jones vs. Machida takes place September 22 from Toronto's Air Canada Centre. The Benoist-Pierson match is slated for the prelims.
Benoist (6-1) will be attempting to rebound from his first career loss. Benoist was on the wrong end of a split decision against Seth Baczynski this past June.
Pierson (12-6) snapped a two-fight losing skid by defeating Jake Hecht at the same card Benoist competed on. He is 2-2 in his UFC career.
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.